Sage and Honey Infused Bourbon Cocktail
We’re trying something new this weekend. And as always, it’ll be delicious. Call your friends. Get the braai stand ready and prepare yourself for a kick-ass weekend.
For the Honey Sage Syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 30g fresh sage leaves, stems removed
For the Cocktails
- 120ml of your favourite bourbon
- 90ml honey sage simple syrup
- 90ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- To make the syrup, combine honey, water, and sage leaves in a medium saucepan over medium heat. As soon as mixture starts to steam, turn heat off. Steep sage leaves for 10 minutes. Strain into a jar or bottle with a lid, pressing leaves firmly to release liquid. Makes about 1 cup. Leftover syrup will keep well sealed in the fridge for about 1 month.
- To make the cocktails, combine bourbon, honey syrup, and lemon juice in an ice-filled shaker. Shake for 1 minute. Strain into ice-filled Old Fashioned glasses; garnish each with a twist of lemon and a few sprigs sage.