Okay, so Nachos aren’t exactly the healthiest snack out there. But trust and believe that this is one of the best ways to eat your veggies, grate your cheese and eat it too and indulge in smooth delicious guacamole. Perfect as a party snack and even better for those at home family movie nights.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 230g pkt lightly salted tortilla corn chips
- 160g (2 cups) coarsely grated four cheese mix
- 200g soft creamy feta
- 90g (1/3 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 avocados, mashed
- Pickled green chilli, sliced, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Place the onion in a heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the onion, beans, tomato and peppers in a bowl. Arrange a third of the corn chips in a round 28cm ovenproof dish. Sprinkle a third of the tomato mixture over the corn chips, followed by a third of the cheese. Repeat to make 2 more layers using the remaining corn chips, tomato mixture and cheese. Bake the nachos for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, place the feta in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash until smooth and creamy. Add the yoghurt and use the fork to mix until well combined and smooth. Season with pepper.
- Serve the nachos topped with the avocado, whipped feta and sliced chilli. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.