Chicken Pesto Sandwich
Left overs don’t have to be boring. If anything, they should inspire us to use our imagination and create something completely different. Thats what we call magic, working with what you’ve got!
- 1 1/2 cups Left over chicken
- 1 cup Baby spinach, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Pesto, prepared
- Pinch salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin Olive oil
- Ciabatta loaf
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the pesto. Add the chicken and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron griddle or grill pan or non stick pan. Brush both sides of each piece of bread with olive oil.
- Spoon the chicken salad onto the bottoms and top with the spinach and cheese. Close the sandwiches and grill over moderate heat, turning once, until toasted and the cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
- Cut the panini in half and serve hot.