Choc-Caramel Brownie Pudding & Hot Fudge Sauce
Brownie meets biscuit in this crazy good pud that’s packed with chocolate.
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 200g butter, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 270g (1 1/4 cups) caster sugar
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 200g Arnott’s Caramel Crowns
HOT FUDGE SAUCE
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a 16 x 26cm slice pan with melted butter. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks in a jug until combined. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the sugar, flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour half the mixture into the lined pan. Place the biscuits on top of the mixture, spacing evenly and pressing down slightly into the mixture. Pour over the remaining chocolate mixture and gently spread to cover the biscuits. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the hot fudge sauce, place the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Cut brownie into pieces. Serve with ice-cream and hot fudge sauce.