Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Grilled Pineapple
Deliciously Tender and Succulent. Whether its made for a packed lunch or home snack, this right here can make it to your top favourite list of sandwiches.
- 2kg pound pork shoulder
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 8 rings
- 2¼ cups of pineapple juice, divided
- 2 cups of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup of tomato sauce
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- 8 sandwich buns
- Place the pork in the pot. DO NOT SALT. (There will be enough salt flavor later from the soy in the sauce).
- Pour in ¼ cup of pineapple juice.
- Cook on low heat till shredding (about 4 hours).
- When your pork is ready, drain the juices from the crockpot and retain the meat.
- To a medium saucepan, add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, 2 cups of pineapple juice, brown sugar, grated ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Pour half of the sauce over the pork and half into a container to serve alongside the pork.
- Shred the pork with two forks, while combining the BBQ sauce along with it.
- On a hot grill or grill pan, toast the buns for 30 seconds.
- Then grill the pineapple slices for about a minute on each side.
- Place a pineapple slice on the bottom bun, top with pulled pork, drizzle with more sauce if desired before topping your sandwich.